I have made it official that twocupfull will not be a blog site anymore. I truly appreciate all of the following on here! If you guys want to follow me, feel free to follow my Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr1Z1OXQ4qPnVWEddgwvi7A) This is the main platform I will be using. I will love you guys forever if you give this a follow. I talk about everything on here! I recommend to follow this if you want my blog post to be more vocal!
I wish that schools would implement more life skills in the school curriculum. The number 1 skill that students of the future generation should learn is how to interview for a job. We all have interviewed for the job that we currently have. Interviews are the first impression of the person and plays the major role of the job. Sadly, we are not taught about this in school, and they expect us to know this information by heart. Of course there is no specific way to act in the interview, but it is important to know how to interview in general. These are my personal top 10 skills that will make or break your interview.
- Make sure you learn more about the company. Doing a 5 minute research about the company will impress the hiring manager. It shows that you took your own time to learn more about the company. The important key points to focus on the research are what is the company’s mission statement and vision, awards and achievements, their competitors, and the culture.
- Dressing up according to the jobs field. Dress to impress may be a better way to phrase this tip, but not every job is the same. We need to make sure that you stand out from the crowd. For example, I job in the sports industry wants to make sure that the person wearing something sleek and sharp. This is where a sports coat will stand out more than a suit. If we look at all the sports spokemen, they are most likely wearing a sports coat with a slim fit shirt. Dress based on the job not just to look good.
- Learn how to read body language. This skill is under utilized in my opinion. You need to know how the interviewer is when you answer their questions. Are there key movements that they are doing like leaning in when you answer. May show that they are interested or confused. So this means you grabbed their attention and should talk a little more. Did they nod at you? This could mean that they agree with what you are saying. Learn these signs and you will go fair.
- Scope the office a little bit when you are entering in the interview. Look at the dress codes, see how the cubicles are set up, are there fun photos or poster hanging out. This will show how serious or casual the interview will be. Match your tone to the office.
- Relax those muscle. Don’t seem too tense at the interview. If you are stress during the interview, this will hint that you can’t work under pressure. Do lip exercises and breathe in the car. Go to your happy place.
Hopefully these skill can help you land your future job. I wish you the best of luck
Quick update! My internet has been down for the past 2 days! I know one day after another. I could use my phone but my cell phone spot needs the internet to connect. I know very annoying. Thank you for you patience. For the next post I will be making 2 post to make up for the time lost.
My wish is have the ability capture every moment with my eye. Almost like an eye camera. Think of the possibilities if you could do that. You can enjoy an event without sacrificing your time, have solid proof, remember everything you saw, so many different benefits. I could see people using like eyeglass cams but the quality for those are terrible.
I wish there was a way for us to identify if you are sick with the flu or cold. To me, the cold is the worst. My nose is stuffed,head hurts, and too many chills. I find it funny that you can get the cold from the flu. The point of identifying it early is to see if you can suppress the right symptoms.
I wish that we could explore into the deep ocean. I always loved the idea of finding a new species. We only explored about 5% of the ocean. There could be creatures from the millions of years ago still living. I have always asked what would you rather explore the ocean or space? I always say that it is crazy that we can discover alien like creatures on Earth.