Everyone has that one friend that always vents about the same exact topic for the past week. It can get annoying for the listener to hear the same chatter over and over again. So what can you do in this situation? You can always nod you head yes and say yeah so they can vent. Sometimes, friends just someone to talk to and fume out their problems. However, there are so much we can take hearing the same thing over and over again. Well, it is obvious that they need to hear the truth that hear what they want to hear. How can we tell them our advice if they are always the one talking? Easy just ask them if they want a solution to their problem. Being straight forward to people can be helpful. You are not being mean, you are being honest. Another tip is to make sure that the person is solving their own problems. They cannot always rely on you when they have an issue. Let them solve it. You are just hinting at them what to do.
I wish that schools would implement more life skills in the school curriculum. The number 1 skill that students of the future generation should learn is how to interview for a job. We all have interviewed for the job that we currently have. Interviews are the first impression of the person and plays the major role of the job. Sadly, we are not taught about this in school, and they expect us to know this information by heart. Of course there is no specific way to act in the interview, but it is important to know how to interview in general. These are my personal top 10 skills that will make or break your interview.
- Make sure you learn more about the company. Doing a 5 minute research about the company will impress the hiring manager. It shows that you took your own time to learn more about the company. The important key points to focus on the research are what is the company’s mission statement and vision, awards and achievements, their competitors, and the culture.
- Dressing up according to the jobs field. Dress to impress may be a better way to phrase this tip, but not every job is the same. We need to make sure that you stand out from the crowd. For example, I job in the sports industry wants to make sure that the person wearing something sleek and sharp. This is where a sports coat will stand out more than a suit. If we look at all the sports spokemen, they are most likely wearing a sports coat with a slim fit shirt. Dress based on the job not just to look good.
- Learn how to read body language. This skill is under utilized in my opinion. You need to know how the interviewer is when you answer their questions. Are there key movements that they are doing like leaning in when you answer. May show that they are interested or confused. So this means you grabbed their attention and should talk a little more. Did they nod at you? This could mean that they agree with what you are saying. Learn these signs and you will go fair.
- Scope the office a little bit when you are entering in the interview. Look at the dress codes, see how the cubicles are set up, are there fun photos or poster hanging out. This will show how serious or casual the interview will be. Match your tone to the office.
- Relax those muscle. Don’t seem too tense at the interview. If you are stress during the interview, this will hint that you can’t work under pressure. Do lip exercises and breathe in the car. Go to your happy place.
Hopefully these skill can help you land your future job. I wish you the best of luck
We have all overindulged on a bag of chips or on pizza. The food is just so delicious, and we can’t help ourselves to stop munching away. Doing this habit is common amongst many people. With me, I did binge eat it when I was heavier. I didn’t really do it as much because my goal was to lose weight. The main issue why I wasn’t losing weight was because I thought you should eat more if you work out. In fact, you should eat the same amount so you can be deficient in calories. Well, recently since I have been losing weight since High school, I have been binge eating on a weekly basis. I have no idea why I have this habit. In fact, I lose weight after a binge if not the worst weight I have gained was .6 lbs. I wonder why I do not gain a large amount pounds afterwards. The truth is that the food we indulge on turns into water and a small amount turns into fat. Water weight is not that difficult to lose. Here are some tips to lose that binge weight.
1.Water is the best way to flush your system. I drink about 1 gallon of water a day. Drinking 8 cups of water is not enough for most people. Drinking more water helps with energy levels, skin, and craving control. Sometimes people confuse thirst with hunger. A tip for that problem is to drink 2 cups of water before eating to see if you need to actually eat. Drink 2 cups of water when you wake up and 2 cups an hour before bed. Cut off water an hour before bed.
2.Don’t eat as soon as you wake up. Wait for your whole body to wake up. If you are feeling peckish, you might want to drink water instead because the body is most likely dehydrated
3.16/8 fasting will help your body lose body fat %. The stored fat in your body will be used for energy in the moment. This mean that the stored fat that you had is going to be used as fuel. A major perk to this is that your cell will last longer meaning that it’s great for skin and organ health. My body fat estimate was about 22% according to the scale. Now, I am about 13% after fasting for 2 months. Keep in mind, you will get cold easily if you lose body fat.
4. Your relationship with food. Some people may use food as a stress reliever or a support system for emotions. However, the major issue is that people will constantly turn to food if they feel anger or sad. Seeing food as fuel is better relationship. You don’t want to constantly refuel the tank.
5. No punishment is not needed when you overate. You overate and that’s okay. We are not all perfect with our plans. I had a binge eating spree for 4 days and I don’t beat myself up for it or restrict my calories. You can eat without guilt or punishment.
Update for my weight. I weighed in at 197 lbs at the beginning of this year. Now, I weigh 177! Down to 20 lbs. Weight loss is a journey but it is life changing.
I know I haven’t posted in a while, and I need to update you guys.
I am still going to daily blog but a few changes. Wednesday Wish will be done once a month to make it a little more special. Stylish Saturday will be done once a month for of a collage.
I will be redesigning the whole site to optimize my membership. The whole site will be fixed to my liking and more organized.
I will have a Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for this blog. Feel to follow me on those sites.
I will be changing my profile picture to match my banner.
With all these updates I will need to take a week off of blogging. Thank you for baring with me
Old songs are know to be that’s what my grandparents listened to. But some of us enjoys old classic hits and old genres. Something Cool by June Christy has that charm that brings me back to an orchestrated symphony. Hearing all categories of instruments. The lyrics are unique but very common during this era. What I mean is when the singer is singing about their day with very detailed descriptions. I love this style because it makes me feel like I am watching a beautiful woman singing in front of a stage during dinner. Hopefully this style never dies out but music is forever
When we grow up we develop a few skills that is taught indirectly. Some skills that we can acquire are patience and tolerance. Gaining these two skills in my opinion can make you much happier. Patience is important because we should not expect everything to be done immediately. Some people need more time to learn and finish the action others will take a shorter time. The point is that the task is being done. Remember that.
Tolerance plays along with patience. Are you able to tolerate the wait for the task or goal. I think learning these two skills will help people achieve their goals and dreams. We all can’t make all of our goals in a day. Some of us will take weeks, months, years, or our life time. Failure is not an event, it is a stepping stone to success.
I’m sorry. A common way to ask for forgiveness. Many people have said it for the smallest issue to the biggest problem. I wanted to cover apology videos from the YouTube community. This article will point out the do and don’ts in apology videos. I recommend watching these videos to get a clear understanding.
Let’s get the most popular apology out of the way. Laura Lee video. Here are a few facts about Laura Lee. She is a beauty content creator. She has about 4.4 million followers on YouTube. She had a line with Ulta, but they dropped her due to previous tweets that was directed to the black, fat, and Asian communities. Let’s go over all the don’ts in her video.
- Is to not to cry during the entire video. It is going to be hard for your audience to understand you. You cannot convey or try to trick your audience with a sad song. Be real with them.
- Own up to your action. You are the only person to blame. You may have not blame anyone, but you did not address the main issue. Being dumb in the past is common. We may feel invincible in the moment, but it will nip you in the butt. Do not assume that your audience knows what the main issue is. It feels kind of sketchy.
- Ignore the main issue. YOU tweeted insensitive tweets that you created not retweeted. The main issue is not that you tweeted that. It’s that people think that you are a racist and a body shamer. Prove them wrong. Tell them that you said things that are not okay but state that is not who you are TODAY.
- Bringing up family death threat. If you are in serious danger of a threat, report to the police and do not say anything. The police wants to investigate the situation without sparking attentions. Bringing up that your family is receiving threats shows 2 things. You are either lying about it or you are making the problem worst by letting the viewers know that your family is vulnerable.
That is all that needs to be covered for Laura Lee. This is a great example of what not to do for an apology. Overall the video is a hot mess. Feels kind of fake.
Next person is Brittnay Dawn. I do not know too much about her. She is a Instagram fitness influencer that has over 500k followers on Instagram. Known for creating a positive fitness page for women empowering them to be happy with themselves. How she does this is by embracing positive body image, informing them about healthy life choices with products, workout tips, and motivation. Well, a lump sum of her customers got scammed from her when they signed up for her coaching. All these complaints started stirring up with her calling her a scam artist. We will go over her don’ts. Here is her apology video
- Most of her apology followed the same format as Laura Lee’s video. Same point. The major difference is that Brittnay reads off a script. I get it. Some people can’t hold themselves together. But having this factor makes it feel phony to me. Almost like a robot is reading the speech. I do not feel the empathy she has for the situation.
- Stating that you are showing your raw emotions does not carry well to the audience. It sounds very artificial. It is like an actor stating that they are sad during a movie. We do not need someone to tell us that you are being emotion when you are showing it. Remember action speaks louder than words. Show the audience that you are being real instead of stating it.
Overall, Brittnay’s apology was similar to Laura’s both seem staged or fake. At least with Brittnay she took responsibility for her action and has a solution to her issue.
These two showed a great way to make a bad apology. However, there are great ways and tips to make a progressive apology. Jenna Marble is a great example. One of the original Youtubers starting small and now slowly climbing to 20 million subscribers. I have been such a huge fan of Jenna since 2010. She has been a great inspiration to many viewers with her funny videos, quirky personality, dramaless life, passion for animals, and so many more. If you hearing how great she is, why did she even make an apology video? Well back in November 2017, she made a video called “So we bought fish”. The video displayed how she bought some fish and she did some incorrect purchases that caused the fish stress like a round fish bowl. Making her seem like she made the pet decision like a foolish purchase. She did not do too much research going in this purchase or new addition to the family. To be fair, we are not all experts in everything. This is why we need to seek for advice for topic that we are unsure about. Her feedback on the video was not really too negative but more like constructive criticism. Here is the video for reference. Let us go over everything she did right in her apology.
- She addressed why she deleted the video. This helps the viewers to assume that she is not hiding anything this action does not seem shady at all. It is very important that people do not try to cover the truth.
- She talks what she did wrong AND what is the main issue with her action. Jenna admitted at fault, and she tells us why what she did does not represent her true self. She is an animal lover and she treats them as family no matter how small. What she did wrong was that she did not learn about the fish requirements to a healthy living style. Then, she talks about how making impulsive pet purchases can be an issue, but reassures the viewer that she cares about every animal.
- Fixing the problem. Instead of returning the fish with shame or keeping them in the same condition, she purchased all the items the fish experts said to buy for a better living space. This shows that Jenna truly cares about her fish and there is no price that is too much for her pets. This has been shown multiple time with her dogs and hamster. She made them homemade treats, took them to vet and paid for any surgical procedures to have more moments to share, she made a living space for her pets, she feeds them high quality meals, and so many loving and caring actions. It was not a surprise to me that she went out and bought the new supplies immediately, and I respect her even more.
- Making her mistake as a lesson for a teachable moment for future pet buyers. Jenna said her sorry and fixed the problem so why does she need to do more? Well, she explains to her fans that she wants to make this moment a teachable moment. She wants people to use her video as a reference when it comes to buying pets. I love this idea. We make mistakes everyday, but the point of having these mistakes is to make sure that we learn a lesson from it. I find that beautiful that she was able to teach the viewer what are the dos and don’ts.
- Showing that she is being raw and real instead of saying. She is not wearing any makeup, no script, no flattering angles, and looks like she just got out of bed. If this does not show real, I don’t know what does.
- Keeping her original video at the end. Jenna’s video is about 30 minutes long for just the apology portion, then 15 minutes for the orignal. She wants people to refer to that video instead of her just telling the video.
Jenna is the realest Youtuber out of all them. It was no surprise that she knows how to be professional when addressing the issue. I truly feel like she is very sorry for her actions. She is a great person and shows it too. I will always be a giant fan of her work.
Lastly, the next Youtube channel has been a channel that I have followed since it first started. The GameGrumps is a wild gaming channel that pushes the boundaries of let’s play channels. Saying, doing, and playing the craziest things from race jokes, sexism, homosexuality, family issue jokes, and so many more. I will say take their jokes with a grain of salt. The people on the show are no means racist, sexist, homophobic, or anti anything. This is what makes GameGrumps who they are. Jokesters talking about controversial topics in a funny matter. This should be a great way for us to perceive the world. We all have to laugh about something once in a while. With a following of 5.5 million people and over 6000 videos, you might be thinking their apology is something that they said. However, it was about the channel not uploading a week holiday special. They have a week segment dedicated to Halloween during October. They will play usually horror games or Halloween related games. Making the holiday more festive. In 2018, fans noticed that they did not do a Ghoul Grumps that year. Making fans reaching out to Arin and Danny stating that they don’t care. My issue is not with GameGrumps but their fans. I will address later why us fans were in the wrong at the end of the post and why I am defending Arin. But let’s go over his video addressing the problem. (I do get emotion with this video because I feel like Arin is saying sorry for something he did not do)
- Taking the entire blame for his team and redirecting the issue to mainly him. Arin is a grown man that can be perceived as a child due to his tone in his funny videos. When he stated that he is the only one to blame shows that he cares for his company and team. I truly respect him for that and makes me feel warm and teary.
- Using a proper tone and showing anxious body language. This shows that Arin is really serious about the matter, and he’s truly showing that he is nervous about the issue. I find it remarkable that he is being open about it. This is how you show emotions. It helps remind the viewers that he is human.
- Explains why he did not upload it. He took on so many new project that people don’t realize that he does more than play video games. He helps with his wife’s channel, started a new segment, goes on tour, records numbers of episodes for GameGrumps, and so many more. He is a trooper for growing this company.
- Offering us options for solutions. Arin made it open for debate if viewers wanted to receive Ghoul Grumps in December for like a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. It is very admirable that he gives us a choices to help solve the problem.
His apology was real and makes me so emotional. I love that his apology is the same rights as Jenna’s. My opinion on the matter is that this apology was not needed for us fans. As a fan, we DO NOT have to right to call out a creator for forgetting a segment. It is rude and toxic. We do not deserve Ghoul Grumps. Think of Ghoul Grumps as a dessert. It is not necessary for a human to indulge in desserts to finish a meal. We get it as a treat and if we do not get that treat who cares. We are not entitled to Ghoul Grumps because WE DID NOT create the segment. The only one that has the right to make or skip Ghoul Grumps is Arin. Unless there is a pure reason why we deserve every year, I am content with having the Halloween special in or not having it. It makes me upset that the fans had the audacity to go to Danny’s channel and complain about it. That is complete wrong for fans to carry an issue to a different channel to spread. I felt so ashamed at the community that we would do that. I am using we because we all go down together. I felt like people treated Arin like a servant. Demanding the Halloween and complaining about it.
Arin, if you are reading this, I want to apologize for the rude and brash behavior that us as a community treated you. We know you are truly passionate about GG. You may feel like you needed to apologize for this but in my opinion you didn’t. I am glad you addressed this issue and took blame, but I think the real blame goes to the fans that assumed the worst out of you. True fans understand that you are human and a busy guy. I know you helping out other people other than yourself and I think that just adds to your character. I am so happy how much this channel has grown from Goof Troop and Kirby to this amazing channel that has a taste of everything. I will always be a fan you and I hope you accept this apology to understand that this would have never happened if people didn’t call you out, brought this issue to Danny’s channel, and made terrible assumptions. I cannot wait to see you perform live for the Final Party. I got a VIP pass and can’t wait. PS. Wolf is not a clone of Fox.
To my followers, I want to explain why I have not been posting on a daily basis. Blogging has changed my life and shows that I love writing. My issue is that I have a full time jobs that is 40-45 hours a weeks, a part time job that is on call when I am free, I work on commission, and I have been writing my books. Thank you for your patience and I hope you like this post.
Mamamoo did it again. Releasing a beautiful mini album to finish strong for the 4 seasons. I truly love this group to death. They have a breath of fresh air for their new album White Winds. The song that truly caught my attention is Waggy. A very peculiar direction this song took. Mamamoo has always been creative with their instruments of choice. I think they took an ambitious move using a drums, guitars, trumpet, and piano as the instruments. The song just reminds me of dancing on vacation and driving through the country. Giving a nice Spanish style to their beat. I think this has been orchestrated perfectly. I am purely speechless over the song.
As you guys know, I am a huge fan of Kpop. I love the different direction the Kpop has taken. I usually see Kpop groups or solo artist. It is rare to me to see a duet in this genre. Most of the time the duets are one offs. One of my favorite duets is Some- Soyou & Junggigo. This consistent beat in the background is what truly hooks me. The collision of both instruments is a perfect harmony for the song. This allows me to feel the emotions that is put into the music. I would give this duet a good listen.
The amazing avocado saver. Put the other half of the advocado in the container to help prevent spoilage. Only $3.99
Why? Why would we want this one trick pony device when we can buy mini advocado or share the advocado with someone. I am guilty of having one single purpose device and that is a veggie noodle maker. To be fair, that tool actually saves me money on the noodles. 4 zucchini cost about $2 maybe less. The zoodles cost about $5 for the same amount. The other tool o would say that is kind of worth investing is an air popcorn maker but that is if you are watching calories and love popcorn.
Other than that I find all the other tools like a hotdog bun toaster, salad makers, advocado swiss army knife, apple corer, egg separator, and so many more. They always advertise about saving space but you’ll need like a drawer for 8 of them. Most of these one tricks can be replaced by a knife. Is it really hard to make salad or slice an apple into four. If you don’t know, Google it or YouTube. Thank you for the rant.